Sunday 24 February 2013

Exhibition Proposal

The Main Ideas for this project is  about how inhabited spaces change e.g. how the Family Home has changed when events happen as children moving out, spouses dying and asking the question is this space still a family home when most of the people living there have gone? I have chosen to visually translate this idea in my mother's family home where she and her sisters have moved out years ago and my grandmother who died in 2001 and only my grandfather is left still living there. I want to photograph rooms in the house that are unused and devoid of human presence to emphasize this idea of Memory and I want to play with overexposing my photographs to represent these memories fading.


I want to concentrate on the dining room table photograph and the bedroom photographs. 

I would want to work in a group that has similar themes to my work of the home, memories and the interior space, so that in an exhibition environment my work would fit in well with others work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment