Sunday 12 May 2013

Inspiration for New Set

From this new idea for the set, I have looked into Cubism as a source of Inspiration for this new set and looking at George Braque and Pablo Picasso:

Georges Braque 




Influenced by his new interest in geometry and simultaneous perspectives created work that seem questioned the role of shape with painting. When I look at his work it makes me think and look at the individual complex shapes that make up the painting. In terms of colour the use of dull colours such as browns, greys and blacks  works well with the use of strong sharp lines within the work.
Pablo Picasso 





Like Braque, Picasso has been one of most influential artists of the 20th century, again like Braque Picasso primarily uses shape in his work which was developed alongside Georges Braque. Again I like the use of the complicated shapes which I think tries to probe the mind of the viewer of a deeper meaning behind the paintings of Picasso. 

No comments:

Post a Comment