Sunday 9 December 2012

Object Evaluation

In this project I have been looking at how the Justice System in this country in ineffective and how the courts system is time ineffective. At the start of the project my Idea was about how the criminal justice system in this country doesn't work and more focus needs to be put on reform rather than punishment. My ideas have changed because I felt that my end result didn’t connect with my idea. In terms of my research I feel I have looked at artist that have become influential to my work by using artists such as Taryn Simon and Todd McClellan . In terms of my understanding of the issue portrayed in my project I have looked at Court Cases such a Abu Quatada where he has tried and successfully evaded justice thanks to our appeals proceedings in the UK. I have looked at the Stephen Lawrence case where it took 18 years for some sort of justice to be delivered. The biggest challenge for me on this project has been Time Management because I am not used to having 4 projects going on at once and I need to use my time better in future. The visual choices that I wanted was for the clock to be old, hollowed out this translates my ideas because I want that to represent the exposed time inefficient workings of the Justice System. I wanted the clock to be rusted to show the decay and decline of the consistency of the Justice System. I think to improve I need to have a clearer idea when I started to make my final outcome to translate my ideas and I need to do more test shooting with a digital camera to have more to work with and develop my project further.

No comments:

Post a Comment