Wednesday 5 December 2012

Object Research

Salvador Dali 




In these series of paintings Time is is the obvious theme which Dali represents through the use of Surrealism. The clocks which he paints gives of a twisted theme of real and dreamlike because of the cliffs in the background and the melting clocks. I really admire the detail in the clocks and the atmosphere of hallucinations in the image.    

Todd McClellan 




In the series "Disassembly" McClellan disassembles Small Old Technology such as Clocks, Cameras, Typewriters and Recording equipment piece by pieces and lays the pieces on a flat white surface to be photographed. The way the pieces are arrange has a very uniform feeling because of the way the pieces are group. I really like that you can see the very intimate detail of the pieces because you see what the object is made up of. McClellan relates to my project because it is a possible way for my to present my object


Vilma Pimenoff




In this series "The Dark Collection" Pimenoff explores the idea that any ordinary object can look completely different depending on the lighting, angle and the viewers psychological attitude or the way they act. I am fond of the use of the dark tones which gives an unsettling agenda to the work. I think this works well with the choice of lighting used because it gives a chiaroscuro theme with the use of light and dark. Also the objects make you look at them in more detail because the unknown nature of the shapes created. Pimenoff relates to my project because she uses a lighting technique that I would want to use. 

Gareth McConnell 



Edward Weston





No comments:

Post a Comment